Two things that we know a lot about here at the WBUG, running and Zombies are colliding across the nation. Beginning next March (or last weekend if you live in Baltimore) you can sign up to run the zombie gauntlet via the 5k Obstacle Course Zombie Race. The race, which is set to hit 9 major cities next year (more are in the works) combines everyone’s favorite weekend 5k, minus all the hugs and kisses for curing cancer or sending little Billy to Disney World, with mud, obstacles and those undead bastards..ZOMBIES!!!!!
For a small pittance of $70 dollars or so, you can see if you have what it takes to finish this race for your life.
How It Works
Run For Your Lives is an apocalyptic 5K obstacle race. But you’re not just running against the clock — you’re running from brain-hungry, virus-spreading, bloody zombies.
- Before the race, you will be given a flag belt, just like the overly intimidating game of flag football. These flags represent your health.
- The zombies want to take your flags and maybe eat your brains.
- If you lose all your health flags, you die. And the zombies win.
- Health bonuses will be hidden throughout the course. If you find one and carry it to the finish, it will save your life.
What You’re Up Against
- Throughout the 5K obstacle race, there will be 12 man-made and natural obstacles for you to complete. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not be eligible for prizes.
- There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you — but mainly go after your health, in the form of your flag belt. Avoid the zombies to keep your health flags.
- Use speed, strategy and your intact brains to make it to the FINISH LINE with at least ONE FLAG INTACT. If you finish with zero health flags, your time will be recorded, but you will not be eligible for awards.
How You’ll Do It
There will be a start line, and a finish line, but what happens in between is up to you. There are multiple routes to reach the finish. Choose wisely, or your 5k might turn into a 10k.
For more information, check out the site here and register today!