Today it was announced in Japan that five new titles are being designed specifically to be used with its new hardware Kinect that comes out in November. This is exciting because all hardcore gamers want to know that is going to be done with this new gadget that takes it away from the Nintendo Wii style games. By the looks of it, Microsoft plans to take gamers a long way from it. Along with this announcement was the unveiling of five other games that are set to hit shelves in the near future and are being developed in Japan.
New Kinect Games:
And the other five:
Take Aim and Jump in the Ring on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360
Japanese developers Treasure and Spike announced the revival of two beloved downloadable,* controller-based experiences on Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360 — putting your avatar directly into the fighting ring and bringing arguably one of the best 2-D shooters to international audiences for the first time:
- “Fire Pro Wrestling” (Spike, Microsoft Game Studios). Your avatar makes its debut as a pro wrestler! From Spike , creator of the “ Fire Pro Wrestling ” series, comes this pro wrestling game for everyone. Customize your avatar wrestler, choosing from a wide selection of costumes, before you step into the arena and run wild. Unlock new moves as you advance your wrestling career. Face off against family and friends in offline and online competitive play modes, including single match and tag teams. Ding-ding, round one!
- “ Radiant Silvergun ” ( Treasure , Microsoft Game Studios). The classic scrolling shooter from Japan and spiritual successor to the critically acclaimed “ Ikaruga ” receives an international release in this revival on Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360, the first ever since SEGA Saturn . “Radiant Silvergun” will see the return of the unique seven-weapon system among other fan-favorite gameplay features, as well as improvements, including the addition of a new system to enhance the challenging original chain system.
Home for the Best Games in 2010 and Beyond
The destination for the biggest blockbusters like “ Dead Rising 2 ,” “ Fable III” and “ Halo: Reach ,” Xbox 360 bolstered its impressive lineup with these previews:
- “Body and Brain Connection” (NAMCO BANDAI Games). “Body and Brain Connection” challenges players to exercise both mind and body in the most cerebral and energetic party game ever from the originators of the video game brain training craze. Players of all ages must think fast and act even faster as they answer math, logic, reflex, memory and physical questions using the full-motion capabilities of Kinect for Xbox 360. Featuring over 20 different activities in single- player and multiplayer modes, the game lets up to four friends compete in fun and engaging activities as they strive for the youngest brain age. A daily progress tracker makes sure that players are up to date with their current brain age as they continue to stimulate both mind and body.
- “ Child of Eden” ( Ubisoft) . “Child of Eden” is a “multi-sensory shooter” that will send players diving into a kaleidoscopic matrix of synchronized music and mind-blowing visuals that will usher forth yet another landmark game experience from the mind of renowned game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, its creator. “Child of Eden” thrusts the player in the center of a battle to save Project Lumi, a mission to reproduce a human personality inside Eden, the archive of all human memories. As the project nears completion, the archive is invaded by an unknown virus. The player’s mission is to save Eden from the virus to restore hope and peace.
- “METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING” ( Kojima Productions). “METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING” is the highly anticipated debut of Hideo Kojima ’s critically acclaimed “METAL GEAR SOLID” franchise on Xbox 360. “METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING” will star Raiden , one of the most popular characters in the “METAL GEAR SOLID” universe, in a new, lightning bolt action adventure on Xbox 360.