At the WGUB we believe in fitness… not just eating right and effortlessly bench-pressing 600lbs single-handed… we also believe in running. In fact, we are working on our first Marathon sponsorship right now. Bragging rights aside, one thing we hate about running is the lack of great technology (other than the tech put into designing shoes). Who better to fix that problem than the two pioneers in running tech, Nike & Apple. Introducing the Nike+GPS for iPhone and iPod touch ($1.99). A pretty bitchen app that tracks many different aspects of your run… like how badly you suck, how much less-fat you now are, you average pace and the history of your battle to lose that freshman 50 (10 yrs later). If you tend to put one foot in front of another… at a slightly faster than walking speed… then this is a must try for you. And at $1.99 it’s worth skipping your non-fat skinny mocha frappuccino and walk a little more anyway.
Final Word: JUST DO IT!
Here is more from the mouth of those who created it:
The Nike+ GPS app helps you get the most out of every run by tracking where you go and motivating you to take it further.
– Download it on the go and start running anywhere. With this app in hand, track every indoor and outdoor workout easily, without a sensor.
– Record your pace, distance and run route using the iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer technology so you can focus on the road ahead, and relive your run later.
– Anytime you’re up for a challenge, push farther, faster, or longer to better reach your goals. Then celebrate your victories with fun, motivational messages from Nike’s top athletes.
– As you run, get voice feedback on how you’re doing or tap the map to see where you are. Then activate your personalized PowerSong for an extra boost.
– Quickly send each run to Nikeplus.com where you can brag to friends, join challenges, set goals and connect with the rest of the Nike+ community.
– The Nike+ GPS app was designed for the iPhone, but it’s also compatible with the iPod touch (without the mapping capabilities). Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
– COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Nike+ GPS App is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generations) running iOS 4.0 or later.